The Federal-period home Chatham was begun in 1818 by Major Scarborough Pitts on land on Church Creek first patented in 1640. The buildings on the property reflect four centuries of continuous use as a working farm. The latest addition is the winery built in 2005. In 1999, the first five acre block of grapes were planted and today there are more than twenty acres of French Vinifera. The winery is open to the public. Free tours and tasting.