Hardesty-Higgins House Visitors Center
Visit the place where "History and Hospitality Meet". Construction of the Colonial Revival house began in 1848 by Dr. Henry Higgins, and completed by the City's first mayor, Isaac Hardesty in 1853. Playing a significant roll in Harrisonburg history, the house has hosted Union Gen. Nathaniel Banks, was an inn and a showroom for the Virginia Craftsmen Company. In 2005, the house was renovated and restored to serve the community and acquaint visitors with over 150 years of history. Located within this historic home are Visitor Services, the Valley Turnpike Museum, Rocktown Gift Shoppe, and the Harrisonburg Rockingham Civil War Orientation Center.