Red Wing Park
Red Wing Park is a 97-acre district park that was developed in 1966 by the City as a family, general use park The property was acquired by the County in 1879 and formerly known as the "Old City Poor Farm." Red Wing Park is also home to many gardens established through the joint efforts of Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation and the Council of Garden Clubs of Virginia Beach. The park is open year round from 7:30 a.m. - sunset. Facilities include four tennis courts, a basketball court, four volleyball courts, two handball/racquetball courts, badminton courts, horseshoe pits, five shelters, three playground areas, three softball fields, nature trails, four gardens, picnic areas, grills, a dog park, open fields, vending machines, restrooms, and wooded areas.