Centre Hill Museum
Centre Hill was built in 1823 by Robert Bolling IV, a Revolutionary War veteran. The house was restored in the mid-nineteenth and early twentieth centuries to encompass three American architectural styles. The historic room settings are furnished with period decorative arts, many original to Petersburg as well as several furnishings previously owned by Civil War Major General William Mahone. Two Presidents have visited the residence, Abraham Lincoln in April 1865 and William Howard Taft in May 1909.
Admission includes an introductory exhibition as well as a guided tour given every hour on the hour. A gift shop is also on site. Call (804) 733-2401 for seasonal hours of operation. Closed on major holidays.
** Please note: Centre Hill will be closed to the public from April 23 - June 30, 2015.