Arlington Historical Society Museum
The Arlington Historical Museum, owned and operated by the Historical Society, is close to the Pentagon City and Crystal City metrorail stations. The two-story brick structure was built in 1891 as the Hume School, named for Frank Hume who gave the property for the school. It is the oldest school building in Arlington County. Following extensive renovation in the early 1960s, the building reopened as the Arlington Historical Museum. The building is designated a Virginia State Historical Landmark and is also on the National Register of Historic Sites. The Museum is open to the public Saturdays and Sundays except in February, when the Museum is closed. Hours are from 1 - 4 p.m. Bookshop offers local historical publications, maps, prints, and cards. Memberships available.