Zion Lutheran Church and Cemetery

Zion Lutheran Church & Cemetery is located one mile north of the town of Floyd.  The white frame church stands in a grove of oak trees, separated from the cemetery by a growth of pines. In 1791 the first wave of German-American pioneer settlers moved to the area. This group, and others of like nationality & religion settled within a 5-mile radius of the present town of Floyd, formed the nucleus of the German Lutheran congregation, which was formally organized in 1813.  Some of the orginal records still remain (which were kept in German until 1835). In 1898 the 4th and present church was erected.  Behind the church is the Oak Grove Pavilion, a stage which host Saturday evening entertainment during the summer (these events help support local charities).  Services are held at Zion every Sunday at 9:30 AM.