Westover Church

Westover Parish was established in 1625, and the original church was located on Westover Plantation.  A new church was built at this location in 1731.  Used as stable during the Civil War, it was restored to service in 1867 and has been faithfully supported ever since.  Through the centuries, farmers, plantation owners, slaves and presidents, including Washington, Jefferson, Harrison, Tyler and Theodore Roosevelt have worshipped in the church.  Visitors are welcome to visit the church and stroll around the cemetery.