Victory Arch

Originally built in 1919, returning WWI troops disembarked from ships and marched through the arch in victory parades.  The arch was reconstructed to its current state in 1962 and on Memorial Day in 1969, an eternal flame, donated by the American Legion, was added. Today the arch serves as a memorial with the eternal flame continually burning for all the men and women of the armed forces.