The Candy Factory/Home of the Center for the Arts

Built in 1908, The Candy Factory produced five to ten tons of candy daily which was shipped by train to every state east of the Mississippi River.  The Candy Factory was closed in 1918. The building saw many other uses over the next century.  At the beginning of the 21st century the owners, the Merchant family, gifted the building to the City of Manassas with the stipulation that it be restored as the future home to the Center for the Arts. The building was successfully renovated and brings the arts to over 15,000 visitors annually.