Saint George's Episcopal Church

The present St. George's Church building was built in 1849.  It was the third  to be constructed on this site.  The first was a wooden structure built in the 1730s, the second, a more substanial building, was created in 1815.

The present building was built in the mid-19th century and is a fine example of the Romanesque Revival style that was popular at the time.

St. George's was attended by George Washington and his family, and it was used as a hospital during the Civil War.  Today, Saint George remains active in the community supporting many charity and social organizations.