Richmond County Courthouse

Established in 1692, when old Rappahannock County was divided, Richmond County's seat was simply named Richmond County Courthouse, and was located along the shore of the Rappahannock River. In 1730, it was moved inland to the intersection of the major crossroads of the Northern Neck, and in 1748, the present Palladian style Courthouse was built. In 1831, the name of the town was changed to Warsaw in sympathy with the Polish struggle for independence.