Mount Hebron Cemetery

A park-like setting with magnificent trees and shrubs, Mt. Hebron's 55 acres provide a final resting place for Winchester's citizentry.  Gravestones date to 1769.  After driving throough the gate-house, take an immediate left.  Burial grounds of the Lutheran and German Reformed Congregations are on the left.  The limestone wall of the Lutheran Church, built by German settlers in 1764, and used as a barracks during the Revolutionary War, is on the left.  On the right side of the road is one of the most visited graves, that of famous wagoneer and Revolutionary War hero, General Daniel Morgan.  Take a short walk or drive around the cemetery, read the tombstone inscriptions, and meet some of the many people who lived and died in Winchester during the Wilderness Road era.