Manakin Episcopal Church
Manakin Episcopal's history dates back to 1701 when their first church was built by French Huguenots who settled in the area after fleeing persecution from their country. In 1710, a bigger church was built. In 1730, the church site was moved to a site near the present day location. That church was burned down during the Revolutionary War, rebuilt in 1789 and served until 1894. A fourth church was built in 1895 using materials salvaged from the old church. This church still stands on the property of the present church built in 1954. The National Register of Historic Places lists this property as "Huguenot Memorial Chapel and Monument."