Grant's Headquarters at City Point
From June 1864-April 1865, General Ulysses S. Grant directed the 10-month Siege of Petersburg from the grounds of Appomattox Plantation at City Point. During this period, City Point served as a supply center for 100,000 Union soldiers. Located at the junction of the James and Appomattox Rivers, it was also one of the busiest seaports in the world. Tour includes 15-minute video, Park Ranger presentation, parlor, library, Grant's Cabin and outbuildings. Closed selected Federal holidays.