Goochland County Courthouse

This Jeffersonian-inspired courthouse was built in 1826 by master builder, Dabney Cosby, Sr.   Major and minor changes and improvements have been made to the interior of the Courthouse during the passing years, but the exterior remains unchanged. On the Courthouse Green there are other buildings which, include a stone jail (1837), a brick clerk's office (1847), and James Clopton Knibb Building (1906).  Come see history in Goochland County.