Elizabeth Cemetery

The Elizabeth Cemetery was associated with Elizabeth Church which is thought to have been the oldest Methodist church built in Smyth County. The land for the church and the cemetery was donated by Elizabeth Henry Campbell Russell "Madam Russell" in 1825. Located in Saltville near the civil war battlefield, this cemetery has graves dating from the time of the land donation and contains some remains of Confederate soldiers killed in the two Saltville battles.