Dixie Theater

Designed in the Italian Renaissance Revival style by architect T.J. Collins and sons, the theater opened in June 1913. Then called the "New Theatre", it offered vaudeville shows and silent movies and was renowned for its beauty and practicality. A January 1936 fire gutted the structure, consumed most of the third floor and destroyed much of the richly decorated interior. Architect John Eberson, brought in from New York, used the "art moderne" style, later called "art deco" to rehabilitate the structure.  With a new name, the Dixie Theatre reopened in December 1936 as a movie house. In 1982, it was reconfigured into a four-plex cinema.  During the next two decades it deteriorated. Refurbished and open now, the Dixie is a three auditorium movie theater with weeknight and weekend night showings with matinees on Saturdays and Sundays.


 $6.50 for seniors (60 ), children (3-12), and matinee showtimes.  $8.50 for adults.