Dinwiddie County Courthouse

The Dinwiddle County Courthouse was completed in 1851.  It was remodelled in 1858 when its roof was raised and the interior was divided into two floors.   The Doric portico was added in 1933.  On March 31, 1865, Southern forces at the courthouse temporarily checked Major General Philip H. Sheridan's drive on Petersburg.  Court facilities moved to a new building in 1998.