Confederate War Memorial Monument and Cemetery

Erected by the United Daughters of the Confederacy in 1914, the monument is a marble obelisk with crossed sabres on each side and an inscription on the face.

The inscription reads "OUR CONFEDERATE DEAD WHO DIED IN THE HOSPITALS OF SCOTTSVILLE  1861-1865"  

Research has now revealed the conditions in these hospitals as well as the names, units and home states of the Confederate soldiers who died in the four troop hospitals of Scottsville during the Civil War. There are forty neatly arranged markers around the monument representing these soldiers. A new monument with the names, units and home states of these soldiers was dedicated on May 25, 2002.

Scottsville's Confederate War Memorial Monument is a Civil War Trails site.