Brunswick County Museum

The Brunswick County Museum is located in the historic Courthouse Square in Lawrenceville. Come and see a variety of exhibits documenting the county’s history. The County of Brunswick was created in 1720 and stretched from the fall lines in the rivers east of Emporia to the Blue Ridge Mountains. The county was bounded on the south by a surveyor’s line which separated the Virginia and North Carolina colonies and on the north by the Nottoway River. This vast area has been separated into ten (10) counties.
The museum houses three distinct display rooms: the Indian Relics, Governor Albertis Harrison Room and the Mrs. Alice Samford Room.
There is an exhibit of Fort Christanna and some items from an archeologist “dig” made there in 1797-1981.
Special tours can be arranged.