1800 Isle of Wight Courthouse Complex

The courthouse complex consists of the 1800 courthouse and the 1822 clerk's office. The grounds were occupied by Union soldiers in the summer of 1862. Prior to this occupation, the county records were removed for safety by one of the slaves that belonged to the Clerk of Court. As a result, Isle of Wight County records have remained intact for hundreds of years. (Historical Notes on Isle of Wight County)

There is also a Confederate monument that was erected in 1905.
Hours: 9:00am-5:00pm