The Virginia Museum of Natural History will host the Dino Day festival on Saturday, January 23, 2016 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This spectacular family festival features fun educational activities, informative presentations by prominent scientists, a variety of dinosaur merchandise available for purchase, and delicious food for visitors of alll ages. Spectacular dinosaur specimens and displays from the collections of the Virginia Museum of Natural History, the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, and the Cleveland Museum of Natural will be on display throughout the museum.
Dinosaur specimens and activities at the festival will include:
- NEW SPECIMENS ON DISPLAY THIS YEAR -Tyrannosaurus rex and Triceratops!
- Face-painiting, dino-tattoos, and balloon animals!
- Fascinating presentations by Dr. Sterling Nesbitt of Virginia Tech
- Full-size dinosaur casts, including Allosaurus, Acrocanthasaurus, Tenontosaurus, Deinonychus!
- Real dinosaur fossils from the museum collections!
- Model replicas of some of the most well-known and feared dinosaurs of their time, such as Tyrannosaurus rex and Triceratops!
- Animatronic dinosaurs, including T-Rex and "Cera" the Triceratops!
- Games and crafts all day long!
- Dino dig pit!
- Costumed dino characters - Get your picture taken with "Cera" the Triceratops!
- Dinos on Parade!
In addition to the festival, admission allows all visitors to view the museum's exhibits in their entirety.
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM