Decoy Carving Workshop at Holiday Lake
Learn to carve your own decoy or sharpen your carving skills! Beginners Welcome! Carving experience not needed. Instruction and Kits provided by carver Ed Morrison.
- First time carvers will carve and paint a Canvasback, one of the most popular of all decoys.
- Returning students will carve and paint a decoy of their choice.
- Decoys will be carved from Tupelo, a favored decoy wood.
- Head position can be straight or turned, and some feather detail can be carved in.
- Decoys will be carved using knives and rasps.
3/3/2014 - 3/6/2014