Fort Christanna

Fort Christanna, the first foothold of the white man in what is now Brunswick County, VA, was erected in 1714 during Alexander Spotswood's administration as Royal Governor Spotswood established Fort Christanna on the rising ground above the banks of the southside of the Meherrin River. The fort was named in honor of Christ and Queen Anne, the English Queen.

Fort Christanna is located about 2 miles south of Lawrenceville off Route 46/Christanna Highway on Foot Hill Road.